10.08.2008

68 years

Today would have been my mom's 68th birthday. It is still so weird that she is not here and it is sad that she is gone. Does it get easier? The grief lingers on. Yes, it has only been a little over a year but it still seems hard to grasp and believe. I don't think the weather helps my mood today. It is raining here and the leaves are falling. Despite my best efforts, I do not enjoy this time of year. I love Spring and Summer and so I get sad when my flowers fade and the leaves rustle on the sidewalks and streets. I will continue to try to enjoy this season but it just signifies that Winter is coming and I will not be able to garden and enjoy the outdoors. I sound like a sad, old thing today, don't I? It is just a weird day for me. Enjoy YOUR day. LOL

No comments:

Other Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin