8.08.2008

The Chapman Family

Steven Curtis Chapman has been my favorite Christian songwriter and artist for as long as I can remember. Throughout the years I have enjoyed every CD he has put out and the most recent one is no exception. I love the songs and find them to be inspiring and challenging to help me with my walk with the Lord. I REALLY love the "Cinderella" song. It is so precious. It is even more touching now that the family has suffered a horribly, tragic loss. On May 21st of this year, a vehicle in the family’s driveway struck his five-year old adopted daughter, Maria, and she was killed. Recently Steven and his wife, Mary Beth, were on ABC telling their story of what it has been like for them and their family. I was so glad they took the time to let people into their lives during this emotional time. I can only imagine the anguish they feel but something wonderful is coming out of this horrible loss. Maria's Big House of Hope is being built in China with the money that has been donated from the outpouring of caring individuals. How wonderful that so many little children will be able to be blessed at this facility.

Once again I am reminded of the frailty of life. Sometimes it is easy to get wrapped up in the trivial things and forget the bigger picture, but this story serves as a great reminder of what is important.

No comments:

Other Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin